1. You deserve to be a priority. A first choice. Someone’s number one.
2. There are other guys out there. Guys who are willing to commit to one woman. Guys who are sick of playing the field and want something real.
3. It’s better to be single than to get invested in someone toxic. Someone who is only going to hurt you. Someone who doesn’t care whether or not you get what you want as long as they get what they want.
4. There’s no reason to compare yourself to the other girls he’s seeing — or to hate on them when they haven’t done anything wrong. Those girls aren’t your enemies. You’re all going through the same thing. You’re all dealing with the same guy. A guy who isn’t happy with only one heart, so he has to break them all.
5. You’re not stupid for falling for him. Your heart is out of your control. But your actions are completely within your control. You get to choose whether you continue chasing after him or whether you raise your standards and decide you aren’t going to settle for less than you deserve.
6. If he’s unable to see your worth, that’s on him. It has absolutely nothing to do with you. You didn’t do anything wrong. So don’t start tearing yourself apart. Don’t spend too much time crying over a guy who would never shed a tear over you.
7. Not all guys are going to treat you the way he’s treating you, so stop telling yourself this is as good as it’s going to get. Stop telling yourself the way he’s acting is normal for a guy his age. Stop lying to yourself in order to keep him around.
8. All of the time you’re wasting chasing after someone who doesn’t even want to be caught could be spent doing more productive things. You could be using that time to search for someone better suited for you. Or you could forget love completely and focus on your career, your health, or your friendships.
9. You’re strong enough to get over him. You’re strong enough to walk away. You’re strong enough to say, “I deserve better than this.”
10. There are going to be other guys who make you feel this way. Other guys who give you butterflies. Other guys who make your face light up. This isn’t your only chance at love. This isn’t the last time you’re going to love someone this hard.
11. You are not the problem in this scenario. He is the problem. He is the one in the wrong. He shouldn’t be stringing you along like this. He shouldn’t be messing with your heart.
12. Love isn’t supposed to be treated like a competition. You’re supposed to put effort into your person — but you’re not supposed to be forced to fight for your person to do something as simple as pay attention to you.
13. You shouldn’t settle for life as a backup plan. A last priority. A just in case. You deserve so much more than that.