1. You cannot force someone to love you.
2. Not everyone can outright say what they need or want. Watching body language and behavior are important for understanding how to properly take care of the others around me.
3. You can love something or someone the way you think they should be loved and it might not get you anywhere. You have to learn how things like to be liked and loved, and that’s when you see progress.
4. No one owes you their time. Not even if you feed them.
5. Wake up everyday knowing what you want and demand it.
6. Love can be shown in many different ways.
7. Patience is key. You can’t have love and affection without putting in the work first.
8. Always be respectful to those you love. (Dog owners don’t get this. Cats enforce this.)
9. Body language says more than words.
10. Love isn’t taken, it’s given.
11. Everyone gets to set their own boundaries. Consent can be withdrawn at any time.
12. Never take for granted the time you have with someone. Show them you love them 24/7.
13. Nothing is out of reach.
14. It’s OK to let your mood shift suddenly.
15. You’ll never reach your peak if you’re worried about getting down.
16. Respect, give space, be patient.
17. It’s okay to grieve for a pet more than you would most humans.
18. Life is worth living.
19. Always expect the most unexpected.
20. Sometimes when your life is going to shit, all you need to do is hug a little furry cute predator.