Meghan Markle And Prince Harry’s Daughter Lilibet Reportedly Still Missing From Royal Line Of Succession


After Meghan Markle and Prince Harry welcomed their , Lilbet Diana, almost two months ago, she has not yet been added to the of .

Article continues below advertisement

The couple’s second child was born on June 4, and would seemingly be eight in line for the throne but Buckingham Palace did not list her on the official website, TMZ reported.

Prince Andrew is reportedly still listed as eight in line. Harry is sixth in line, followed by his son, Archie.

Article continues below advertisement

meghan markle prince harry daughter lilibet missing royal line of succession

Source: MEGA

Article continues below advertisement

The outlet noted that when Archie was born in 2019, his name appeared on the website only 15 days later. Meanwhile, Prince William and Kate Middleton‘s second son, Prince Louis, is said to have appeared 12 days after he was born.

Article continues below advertisement

“All they have got to do is hit the paragraph button and put in a different number. They must have done it before. They did it for Archie. Clearly they did it for Louis when he was born. And they have done it for some of the other children like [Princess Eugenie‘s son] August [Philip Hawke Brooksbank] that have been born as well,” Ship noted.

This comes amid reports that Prince Charles plans to slim down the monarchy once he takes the throne. Charles may not grant Archie and titles even though “a grandchild of the sovereign has long had the right to be a Prince,” as previously reported by OK!.

Article continues below advertisement

“Harry and were told Archie would never be a Prince, even when Charles became King,” a source told the Daily Mail amid reports that Charles has said he will “change key legal documents,” which are suspected to be the 1917 Letters Patent.

Article continues below advertisement

It has long been rumored that Charles plans when he is king will mean that only heirs to the throne and their immediate families will be given full titles, financial support and police protection, which are funded by taxpayers.

“All stories of this nature are speculation and no final decisions have been taken. It would be inappropriate and disrespectful to the Queen to comment on matters of accession and we will be maintaining our long-standing policy of not doing so,” a spokesperson for Charles told PEOPLE at the time.

Article continues below advertisement

There were also reports that this would mean that Charles’ youngest brother, Prince Edward, may not get the Duke of Edinburgh title. Charles was reportedly given his late father, Prince Philip‘s title by default when he passed in April but in 1999, Buckingham Palace announced that Edward would succeed Philip in the dukedom “in due course” with the blessing of both his parents.

However, with Charles reportedly wanting to trim down the monarchy, he may not pass the title on when he becomes king. “It was fine in theory, ages ago when it was sort of a pipe dream of my father’s . . . and of course it will depend on whether or not the Prince of Wales, when he becomes king, whether he’ll do that, so we’ll wait and see,” Edward previously told the BBC.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *